- Andhra Pradesh Food Processing Industries Federation (APFPIF), the State level Apex body was constituted and registered under the Co-op Society act 2001 with Society registration number 253 of 2016 to represent all the segments of the Food Processing Industry in AP like Fruits and Vegetables, Spices, Meat and Poultry, Milk and Milk products, Beverages, Fisheries, Plantation, Millets, Grain Processing and other consumer product groups like Confectionery, Chocolates and Cocoa products, Soya-based products, Mineral water, Ready to eat foods, High protein foods etc.
- AP is one of the largest Food Producer in India with 5 agro-climatic zones. Food processing sector has emerged as one of the largest sectors in the State in terms of investment, Production Growth and Exports.
- The State Level Apex body as a nodal agency represents all the critical issues faced by the Industry to the State and Central Govts and also influences policy frame works and changes. The Federation also plays an advocacy role on a wide range of matters and acts as impetus to growth and development of Food Processing Industry in the (State). The APFPIF thus provides the platform for closely collaborating with the Govt to address challenges/ issues affecting growth of the Industry in the State and also to expand business..
- Some of the main activities of the Federation are
- Representing State and Central Governments on issues affecting the Food Processing Industry in AP.
- Influencing Policy frame works.
- Educating/bringing awareness to members on various State and Central laws and amendments.
- Organizing seminars, workshops, meetings with Government officials and Ministers on vital problems.
- Organizing visits to Food Exhibitions and Research Institutes Nationally and Internationally.
- Acting as a trade facilitation center
- The APFPIF is strategically located at Vijayawada, the State capital as also a thriving hub of the State’s economic, political and cultural spectrum.
- The federation is closely working with Andhra Pradesh Food Processing Society (APFPS), Ministry of Food Processing, Central Govt, various other Govt organizations, Research establishments etc for promoting the Food Processing Industry in AP state.